The Medal for Long Service and Good Conduct (Military) was instituted by King George V in 1930 and replaced the Army Long Service and Good Conduct Medal as well as the Permanent Forces of the Empire Beyond the Seas Medal. The medal could be awarded to Regular Army warrant officers, non-commissioned officers and men of the British Army. It also had a number of territorial versions for the Permanent Forces of the British Dominions. The eligibility criteria were later relaxed to also allow the award of the medal to officers who had served a minimum period in the ranks before being commissioned.
[Acquisition]: Issued to members that have been in the unit for more than one year.